Intense 2019 Primer Foundation Bike - Unisex
- Available prices $4350.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Find in store
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas.
Hey, that specific product isn't available. Here's the newest version, just note the price and features might be slightly different.
A premium 29er, and in fact, one of the finest 29ers available anywhere in the world. Detailed and engineered for XC excellence, the Primer's hyperlight carbon frame and well-chosen Foundation Build components deliver a ride that's competent, flickable and fully race-ready. At its heart lies the innovative i-BOX Pivot system for climbing efficiency and trail management. The Rockshox Revelation RC suspension combined with the 29er wheels offers a smoother ride than you'd get on a bike with smaller wheels. For the drivetrain, you get nothing but efficient, reliable SRAM NX Eagle 1x12 components to move smoothly from long, steep climbs to fast and flowy descents. The Intense Recon dropper seatpost drops out of the way when things get rowdy and pops back up when you need to start churning.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame with alloy top link is light, strong and stunning.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System for easy maintenance.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in an efficient and balanced ride when climbing or descending.
- Tapered head tube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube and chainstays from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Direct-mount front derailleur tab allows the use of a 2x system.
- RockShox Revelation RC is tuneable and can be locked out.
- RockShox Monarch RL rear shock is adjustable between 115 and 130mm.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- Tubeless ready RaceFace AR rims have an internal width of 27mm and are laced on Intense Tuned hubs.
- Maxxis Forekaster tires offers good grip and low rolling resistance in a variety of conditions.
- Intense Recon dropper seatpost with 150mm of travel.
- 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle components makes for a reliable and efficient groupset.
- SRAM NX crankset uses the DUB standard and is paired with a 32T ring.
- Shimano M500 hydraulic disc brakes with 180 and 160mm in the front and rear.
- Intense stem and bars point your wheel down the trail.
- WTB Silverado Sport saddle is trail-ready.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services, and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Intense Primer 29 carbon|
|Fork||RockShox Revelation RC Solo Air|
|Rear shock||RockShox Monarch RL|
|Stem||Intense Recon 45mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Race Face Aeffect with 150mm travel|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 760mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M500 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M500 Disc|
|Shifters||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||SRAM NX DUB 32T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit DUB|
|Hub (front)||Intense Tuned|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1230 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle NX|
|Rims||Race Face AR 27|
|Tires||Maxxis Forekaster 29 x 2.35|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.