Intense 2019 Primer Expert Bike - Unisex
- Available prices Clearance price $4675.00 $4675.00
- Original price $5500.00
- Available online
- Find in store
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas.
A premium 29er, and in fact, one of the finest 29ers available anywhere in the world. Detailed and engineered for XC excellence, the Primer's hyperlight carbon frame and well-chosen Expert Build components deliver a ride that's competent, flickable and fully race-ready. At its heart lies the innovative i-BOX Pivot system for climbing efficiency and trail management. The Rockshox Revelation RC suspension combined with the 29er wheels offers a smoother ride than you'd get on a smaller-wheeled bike. For the drivetrain, you get nothing but a cutting-edge SRAM 1x12 groupset to move smoothly from long, steep climbs to fast and flowy descents. A Fox transfer seatpost drops out of the way when things get rowdy and pops back up when you need to start churning.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame with alloy top link is light, strong and stunning.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System for easy maintenance.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in an efficient and balanced ride when climbing or descending.
- Tapered head tube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube and chainstays from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Direct-mount front derailleur tab allows the use of a 2x system.
- RockShox Revelation RC is tuneable and can be locked out.
- RockShox Monarch RL rear shock is adjustable between 115 and 130mm.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- DT Swiss M1900 Spline wheels are tubeless ready.
- Maxxis Forekaster tires offers good grip and low rolling resistance in a variety of conditions.
- Fox Transfer seatpost with 150mm of travel.
- SRAM 1x12 GX Eagle groupset leverages a massive 10-50 cassette.
- Truvativ Style crank uses 6000-series forged aluminum and is equipped with a 34T ring.
- Shimano XT M8000 hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm rotors in the front and rear.
- Intense Recon Elite stem and Renthal Fatbar boost stiffness and specialness.
- WTB Silverado Race saddle is trail-ready.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump, and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Intense Primer 29 carbon|
|Fork||RockShox Revelation RC Solo Air|
|Rear shock||RockShox Monarch RL|
|Stem||Intense Recon Elite 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Fox Transfer with 150mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Renthal FatBar 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Stylo 34T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit GXP BB92|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1275 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Tires||Maxxis Forekaster 29 x 2.35|
|Wheel||DT Swiss M1900 Spline|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Race|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.