Intense 2019 Primer Pro Bike - Unisex
Intense 2019 Primer Pro Bike - Unisex
- Available prices $7150.00
- Available online
- Check store availability
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas.
A premium 29er, and in fact, one of the finest 29ers available anywhere in the world. Detailed and engineered for XC excellence, the Primer's hyperlight carbon frame and top-tier Pro Build components deliver a ride that's competent, flickable and fully race-ready. At its heart lies the innovative i-BOX Pivot system for climbing efficiency and trail management. Buttery RockShox Pike RCT3 fork and Monarch RT3 rear shock both feature multiple travel positions for a dialed ride on any terrain. To top it off, this gorgeous trail weapon features an SRAM 1x12 Eagle setup (yes, you read that right, 1x12), a hyperlight groupset with consistently beautiful shifting, and solid SRAM Level TLM brakes to keep this rocket under control.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame with titanium hardware and carbon top link is light, strong and stunning.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System for easy maintenance.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in an efficient and balanced ride when climbing or descending.
- Tapered head tube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube and chainstays from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Direct-mount front derailleur tab allows the use of a 2x system.
- RockShox Pike RCT3 is tuneable and can be locked out.
- RockShox Monarch RT3 rear shock is adjustable between 115 and 130mm.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- Mavic XA Light wheels are tubeless ready with SRAM XD Driver.
- Maxxis Forekaster tires offers good grip and low rolling resistance in a variety of conditions.
- Fox Transfer seatpost with 150mm of travel.
- 1x12 SRAM X01 Eagle groupset with GX shifter leverages a massive 10-50 cassette.
- Truvativ Stylo carbon crank is paired with a 34T ring.
- SRAM Level TLM hydraulic disc brakes with 180 and 160mm in the front and rear.
- Intense cockpit includes a set of 760mm wide carbon bars for boost stiffness and comfort.
- Fabric Scoop Radius Elite saddle is low on weight and high on comfort.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services, and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Intense Primer SL 29 carbon|
|Fork||RockShox Pike RCT3|
|Rear shock||RockShox Monarch RT3|
|Stem||Intense Recon Elite 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Fox Transfer with 150mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon Carbon 760mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Level TLM (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Level TLM|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Stylo Carbon 34T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit GXP BB92|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1295 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Tires||Maxxis Forekaster 29 x 2.35|
|Wheel||Mavic XA Light|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Radius Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.