Intense 2019 Carbine Foundation Bike - Unisex
- Available prices Clearance price $4122.50 $4122.50
- Original price $4850.00
- Available online
- Find in store
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas.
If you can dream it, the Carbine will ride it. A blend of Enduro-worthy components means this bike can take whatever you can throw at it. It has the fast rolling momentum of a 29er, and is fully capable of more. With 160mm in the front and 155mm in the rear, it has the travel needed to shred the EWS, but the slacker headtube angle (65.5°) and shorter chainstays give it nimble handling and level-headed predictability. The long wheelbase holds traction when you’re pushing the margins on fast descents without losing the fun factor in tight corners and drops. The Foundation Build adds a batch of reliable components: SRAM NX Eagle shifters and rear-derailleur ensure the shifting goes smoothly, Shimano M500 brakes keep things reliably under control. Bottom line, you won't feel under-biked anywhere you ride.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame with alloy top link is light, strong and stunning.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seatstays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- Angular Contact/Collet Bearing System for easy maintenance.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in an efficient and balanced ride when climbing or descending.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube and chainstays from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- RockShox Yari RC has compression and rebound adjustment.
- RockShox Deluxe RT3 rear shock provide 155 mm of travel.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- Race Face ARC 30 rims are laced on Intense hubs and are tubeless ready.
- Maxxis Highroller II tires blends low rolling resistance and good traction in most conditions.
- Intense dropper seatpost with 150mm of travel.
- 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle groupset leverages a massive 11-50 cassette.
- SRAM NX crankset uses DUB axle and is paired with a 32T chainring.
- Shimano M500 hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm rotors in the front and rear.
- Intense cockpit includes a set of 780mm wide bars to boost stiffness and comfort.
- WTB Silverado Race saddle is light and comfortable for long days of trail riding.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump, and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Carbine carbon|
|Fork||RockShox Yari RC Solo Air|
|Rear shock||RockShox Deluxe RT3|
|Stem||Intense Recon 45mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Intense Recon with 150mm travel|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 780mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M500 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M500 Disc|
|Shifters||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||SRAM NX DUB 32T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit DUB|
|Hub (front)||Intense Tuned|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1230 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle NX|
|Rims||Race Face AR 30|
|Tires||Maxxis High Roller II 29 x 2.3|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.