Intense 2019 Sniper XC Foundation Bike - Unisex
Intense 2019 Sniper XC Foundation Bike - Unisex
- Available prices $4650.00
- Available online
- Check store availability
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas.
Many years in the making, the Sniper is primed for the top step at XC races. In true Intense fashion, it's long and low, but don’t be fooled: this bike is fast on technical climbs, smooth rolling terrain and tricky descents. JS Tuned suspension offers a super-smooth, bob-free climbing experience while providing a plush ride when the trail gets rowdy. Like you'd expect from a top-level XC racer, the 29in. wheels paired with finely tuned geometry make it roll fast and feel stable. With 100mm of travel in the front and rear, you can expect pedalling efficiency and top performance through a variety of conditions. Fox Performance fork and shocks, Stan's wheels, and a 125mm dropper post give the Sniper XC Expert the tech to last for years of next-level riding.
- Carbon frame with carbon top link and aluminum lower link is a stiff and strong ride.
- Bottom bracket height of 33cm keeps your pedals off the dirt and helps keep your centre of gravity nice and low when riding.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in efficient climbing and descending performance.
- Slack head tube angle coupled with the 44mm offset fork brings forgiveness and confidence of a big-travel bike with the responsiveness of a short-travel trail ripper.
- Long wheelbase helps provide stability and traction while riding fast and rough terrain.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube, chainstay and seatstay from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- FOX Performance 32 SC fork provides 100mm of travel.
- 3-position adjustment allows you to switch from firm to medium to open on the fly.
- FOX Performance DPS rear shock with 100mm of travel and 3-position lever for open, medium and firm settings.
- Intense branded dropper seatpost offers 125mm of travel.
- Stan's Crest M1 wheelset features a 23mm inner rim width.
- Maxxis Rekon tires in 2.25in. width are designed for aggressive XC trails.
- SRAM NX crank uses DUB standard and is paired with a 34T chainring.
- SRAM Eagle NX shifter and derailleur for an efficient 1x12 drivetrain.
- Shimano M500 hydraulic disc brakes with 160mm rotors front and rear.
- WTB Silverado Sport saddle keep the ride comfortable.
- Intense Flat bars are 760mm wide.
- Extra-large bearing diameters and internal cable sleeves for easy maintenance.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff, like a torque wrench set, shock pump and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles has been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Intense Sniper XC carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 SC Performance|
|Rear shock||Fox Float DPS Performance 3 Pos|
|Stem||Intense Recon 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Intense with 125mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek AER|
|Handlebars||Intense Flat 760mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Nano Foam|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M500 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M500 Disc|
|Shifters||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||SRAM NX DUB 34T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit DUB|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1230 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle NX|
|Tires||Maxxis Rekon 29 x 2.25|
|Wheel||Stan's Crest M1|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.