Intense 2019 Sniper Trail Expert Bike - Unisex
- Available prices $5950.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Find in store
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas.
Many years in the making, the Sniper is ready to take the top step at XC races and hit the local trails. In true Intense fashion, it's long and low, but don’t be fooled: this bike is fast on technical climbs, smooth rolling terrain and tricky descents. JS Tuned suspension offers a super-smooth, bob-free climbing experience while providing a plush ride when the trail gets rowdy. Like you'd expect from a top-level XC racer, the 29in. wheels paired with finely tuned geometry make it roll fast and feel stable. With 120mm of travel in the front and rear, you can expect pedalling efficiency, plus enough travel to hit rough trails with confidence. A Fox Performance fork and shocks, DT Swiss wheels, and a gram-shaving carbon dropper post, the Sniper Trail Expert is packed with tech for years of next-level riding.
- Carbon frame with carbon top link and aluminum lower link is a stiff and strong ride.
- Bottom bracket height of 34cm keeps your pedals off the dirt and helps keep your centre of gravity nice and low when riding.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in efficient climbing and descending performance.
- Slack head tube angle coupled with the 44mm offset fork brings forgiveness and confidence of a big-travel bike with the responsiveness of a short-travel trail ripper.
- Long wheelbase helps provide stability and traction while riding fast and rough terrain.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- Flack guard protects the downtube, chainstay and seatstay from chain slap and rock lift-off.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- FOX Performance Elite 34 fork provides 120mm of travel.
- 3-position adjustment allows you to switch from firm to medium to open on the fly.
- FOX Performance Elite DPS rear shock with 120mm of travel and 3-position lever for open, medium and firm settings.
- Kindshock Carbon LEV Ci dropper seatpost uses carbon fibre to reduce the weight and offers 125mm of travel.
- DT Swiss M1900 Spline wheelset features a 30mm inner rim width.
- Maxxis Forekaster tires in 2.35in. width are designed for aggressive XC trails.
- SRAM Stylo alloy crank uses DUB standard and is equipped with a 34T ring.
- SRAM Eagle GX shifter and derailleur for a 1x12 drivetrain.
- Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes with a 180mm rotors in the front and 160mm in the rear.
- WTB Silverado Race saddle is equipped with Cr-Mo rails.
- Renthal Fatbars are 760mm wide.
- Extra-large bearing diameters, and internal cable sleeves for easy maintenance.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services, and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump, and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles has been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Sniper Trail carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 34 Performance Elite|
|Rear shock||Fox Float DPS Performance Elite|
|Stem||Intense Recon 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Kindshock Carbon LEV Ci 125mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek AER|
|Handlebars||Renthal FatBar 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Nano Foam|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||SRAM Stylo DUB 34T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit DUB|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1275 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Tires||Maxxis Forekaster 29 x 2.35|
|Wheel||DT Swiss M1900 Spline|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Race|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.