Preset modes can be great, but what if you only need 2 modes and your light has 7? The PWR Commuter from Knog lets you choose how you light your way. The free ModeMaker app gives you lighting freedom like never before, letting you change modes, mode order, brightness levels and more. Through ModeMaker, you can put as few as 1 or as many as 8 different modes on the light at once – customization is as simple as dragging and dropping. If customization isn’t for you, the light comes ready to use with 6 modes out of the box, from 50 lumens all the way up to 450 lumens. The internal battery can also be used to charge your USB-powered devices: simply plug your device’s USB cable into the port on the back of the light. You can even charge a device while the light is on, so you can get directions from a dying phone and light your way at the same time.
- Free ModeMaker app lets you customize your light’s modes and load up to 8.
- Comes preset with 6 modes: eco-flash 50 lumens (35h), strobe 190 lumens (3.5h), pulse 320 lumens (2.5h), stamina 50 lumens (7h), commuter 190 lumens (2.5h) and ride 450 lumens (40m).
- 4-level LED power indicator lets you know how your battery is doing, whether charging or discharging.
- Custom-engineered reflector casts an elliptical beam, lighting a wider riding line.
- Single-button interface is easy to use.
- Delayed power switch prevents accidental activation.
- Tool-free mount makes it easy to swap between bikes and fits bars from 22.2 to 31.8mm.
- Doubles as powerbank: a female type-A USB port lets you power your devices from your light’s battery.
- Compact design, with dimensions: 9.8 x 3cm.
- In the box: PWR Commuter, silicone mounting strap, USB cable and a hex key.
|Included mounts||Handlebar mount|
Most Canadian municipalities require a white front light and a red rear light.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Burn time - flash||2.5-35 h|
|Burn Time - steady||0.7-7 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
|Power supply||USB charger|
Includes a bracket or mounting system that attaches to most bike helmets.
|Emits red light||No|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||Lithium-ion 850mAh (included)|