Ghost Square Cross 1.8 Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Fly through city streets during the week, then cruise gravel roads on the weekend. With a solid aluminum frame and fast yet stable wheels, the Square Cross lets you do a bit of everything. Its cushy front shock keeps the ride comfortable on potholed pavement or adventurous gravel trails. When it comes time to pick up the pace, you'll love the swiftness of 700c wheels on a lightweight frame. Few things are worse than clunky shifting and ineffective brakes. That's why Ghost opted for a solid assortment of Shimano and Tektro components for reliable, confident performance. Built for versatility and a healthy dose of fun, this nicely equipped ride sets you up right for the two-wheeled life.
- Aluminum frame combines hydroformed and standard tubes to boost comfort and stiffness while keeping the cost reasonable.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for responsive performance.
- Front fork with 63mm of travel smooths out rough roads and gravel trails.
- Large 700c knobby tires are stable and smooth.
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes provide confident stopping power in all weather conditions.
- Shimano drivetrain is equipped with light, durable components.
- Wheels are built to survive potholes and bike commuting with heavy load.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Ideal for||Urban cycling|
|Frame||Ghost Square Cross aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour NEX|
|Stem||Ghost Square 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light DC 1|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro HD-M285 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro HD-M285|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Altus|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Altus|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCM 371 48-36-26T|
|Hub (front)||Formula DC20|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 9-speed 11-34T|
|Rims||Rodi Excalibur XC|
|Tires||Kenda Flintridge 700 x 40|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Justek|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.