From the Volkl freeride touring line, the Mantra V-Werks is versatile mix of freeride fun with easy tourability that won't bog you down in the skin track. The moderate width and extremely low weight make it good on the ascent without sacrificing buoyancy, control or fun on the way down. A tip and tail rocker provides plenty of float while remaining stable when things get choppy.
- Progressive tapered shape with a full carbon jacket.
- 3D.Ridge Carbon makes for a precise, ultra lightweight ski that provides power transfer from tip to tail while reducing swing weight.
- Titanium inserts offer rigidity and stability without significant weight gains.
- Sidewall construction underfoot improves durability.
- Ice.Off topsheet brings the weight down even further while keeping the snow off.
- Poplar wood core with dense ash wood in the binding area for secure screw retention and stability. The softer core provides snappy resilience and flex pattern tailored to length.
- Tip and tail rocker provides joyous descents in all conditions.
- Minimalist skin clamp system uses a simple pin in the ski tip.
- Ptex 4500 super-fast World Cup base.
- Volkl strongly recommends using Marker bindings with these skis. Please consult with a ski tech if planning to use a non-Marker binding. MEC ski techs have templates from Volkl that will determine the best mounting configuration.
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.