Ghost Square Trekking 4.8 Bicycle - Women's
Pick a destination: gym, brewpub, countryside, Utah. Whatever your travel itinerary is, the versatile Square Trekking 4.8 bike is ready. At the heart of this go-far steed is a light, tough aluminum frame that's comfortable for everyday city use or the rigours of touring. The front fork provides a bit of travel to absorb rough roads and detours. Mountain-goat up steep climbs and cruise bucolic flats with 27 speeds of Shimano goodness. A sturdy rear rack handles up to 25kg of cargo, while the powerful hydraulic brakes ensure your fully packed bike won't turn into a runaway train when descending steep passes. Full-wrap fenders and front and rear lights keep you dry and visible. What a machine!
- Aluminum frame uses a blend of hydroformed and standard tubes to balance stiffness, comfort and cost.
- Tapered head tube increases stiffness and offers direct, reactive steering.
- Internal routing protects cables and makes cleaning your bike easier and faster.
- Front fork with 63mm of travel.
- 700C x 42 tires are stable, smooth and reliable.
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes provide exceptional stopping power in all weather conditions.
- 27-speed Shimano drivetrain.
- Ghost stem, handlebars and seatpost are simple and durable.
- Dynamo-powered lights stay charged and shine bright.
- Sturdy full-wrap fenders.
- Included bike rack supports up to 25kg of cargo.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost Square Trekking aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour NEX|
|Stem||Ghost Square 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light DC 1|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro HD-M285 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro HD-M285|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Alivio|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCM 371 48-36-26T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Dynamo|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG200 9-speed 11-34T|
|Rims||Rodi Excalibur XC|
|Tires||Continental Contact Plus 700 x 42|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.