Lonely Planet Scandinavia is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Sail Norway’s fjords or hike miles and miles of wilderness, stare in wonder at the aurora borealis, and sink back into Iceland’s geothermal pools amidst mind-blowing scenery – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Scandinavia – what will you see first?
Inside Lonely Planet’s Scandinavia:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout.
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
- Essential info at your fingertips: hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
- Honest reviews for all budgets: eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience, covering history, art, literature, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, design.
- Covers Iceland, Reykjavik, the Blue Lagoon and the Golden Circle, Norway, Oslo, Norway’s Fjords, Sweden, Stockholm, Gothenburg, Denmark, Copenhagen, Tallinn, Estonia, Finland, Helsinki, Lakeland (Finland), the Far North and the Arctic Circle, and more.