Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Delve into the past in Quito’s vibrant Centro Historico, hike around Cotopaxi for million-dollar views, and spot blue-footed boobies and red-billed tropicbirds in Punta Suarez – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands – where will you go first?
Inside Lonely Planet’s Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands:
- Colour maps and images throughout.
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
- Essential info at your fingertips: hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
- Honest reviews for all budgets: eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience: history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics.
- Covers Quito, Northern Highlands, Central Highlands, Cuenca & the Southern Highlands, The Oriente, North Coast & Lowlands, South Coast, The Galapagos Islands.