Store up to 500 songs and play them over Bluetooth, without cords in your way. The latest-generation Elevate optical heart-rate monitor reads your pulse straight off your wrist. GPS and an internal accelerometer get metrics like speed and distance to track your work in the gym or trails. Paired with Garmin Connect on your phone opens up a new set of features: review activities, receive notifications and control phone apps like music players or VIRB cameras.
- Built-in activity modes for biking, running, walking, swimming (indoor only), strength training (with rep counter), and more.
- Pre-loaded and customizable workouts.
- Move IQ detects and tracks activity. Your Connect timeline ensures you get credit for all daily exercise.
- Download playlists via iHeartRadio or Deezer (coming soon) streaming services, or drag and drop MP3s from your computer through Garmin Express. File types supported: MP3, M4A, AAC, ADTS, WAV, M3U, M3U8, WLP, ZPL, PLS.
- Playlists synced from streaming services are automatically updated when in range of configured Wi-Fi networks.
- Holds up to 500 songs (depending on music quality).
- Garmin Pay™ contact-less payment system.
- Internet Live Tracking during activities (through a connected smartphone) to share location and heartrate with friends or coaches.
- Elevate™ optical heart-rate monitor allows you to train without a chest strap.
- Optical heart-rate sensors measure changes in blood volume under the skin and work best when worn snugly, 1 to 3 finger-widths above your wrist bone.
- Broadcast your HR over ANT+.
- Stress level score monitors heart-rate variability while inactive to produce a stress score and takes you through steps to lower your stress levels.
- 24/7 activity tracking: vívoactive learns your activity level and helps guide you towards a more active lifestyle.
- Onboard sleep tracking mode monitors rest.
- Weekly intensity minutes are displayed against the ideal of 150.
- Counts stairs and workout reps.
- Compatible with all smartphones featuring Bluetooth 4.0 (iPhone 4S or higher, and Android 4.3 or higher).
- Connects with ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart sensors, from foot pods, to speed and cadence pods (but not power meters).
- Connect IQ support allows you to download apps, templates, data fields, watch faces and other features.
- Basic waypoint navigation care of the internal GPS and compass.
- Back to start feature directs you (as the crow flies) to where you started your activity.
- Intuitive touchscreen interface make navigation easy.
- Bright, clear colour display.
- Memory stores up to 7 timed activities and 2 weeks worth of daily activity.
- Strap has quick-release pins.
- Battery: 13 hours in GPS mode, 7 days for activity tracking.
- In the box: vívoactive 3 Music, charging/data clip, documentation.
Polycarbonate is inexpensive and light, with good clarity and wear-resistance. Mineral crystal glass offers greater clarity and significantly greater wear-resistance. Sapphire crystal is better still for clarity and wear-resistance.
|Mineral crystal glass|
|Wrist strap material||Silicone|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|12/24 hour format||Yes|
|Metric/imperial units format||Yes|
|Low battery warning||Yes|
Calculated based on data from a heart rate monitor.
Attaches to your shoe, captures your running data (i.e., pace, distance), and transmits it to your heart rate monitor or GPS.
An online community where members upload, analyze and share activity data.
Want an easy jog? A fast-paced ride? A workout with lots of variety to keep you on your toes? With programmable workouts you can tailor your training to match whatever you are looking for on a particular day.
|Heart rate monitor||Yes|
Heart rate target zones
Displays heart rate zones during activity.
A coded instrument ensures no interference between your chest strap and your watch, necessary if you are training in busy gyms or trails where other signals may be encountered.
|Batteries||Rechargeable battery pack (non-removable)|
Allows user to monitor training goals with either a virtual partner or alarms.
Heart rate in real time
Displays beats per minute during activity.
|Replaceable wrist strap||Yes|
Calories in real time
Displays calorie expenditure during activity, based on heart rate monitor data.
Monitors pedalling cadence and measures pedalling strokes per minute.
Ensures seamless digital wireless communication between ANT+ devices. For example, data from an ultra-low power wireless sensor can be displayed on a bike computer or smartphone, then downloaded to a PC, etc.
|Battery life||5-168 h|
|Chest strap||Sold separately|