Retro watch styling and nothing to hold you back, not even a headphone cable. The vívoactive 3 Music stores up to 500 of your favourite songs and plays them over Bluetooth so there are no cords to get in your way. The latest-generation Elevate optical heart-rate monitor reads your pulse information straight off your wrist. GPS and an internal accelerometer track training metrics like speed and distance information, turning your movement into data and making sure you get credit for your work in the gym and on the trails. Pairing it with the free Garmin Connect app on your smartphone opens up a whole new set of features: review activities, receive notifications, control phone apps like music players or VIRB cameras. Follow daily highs and lows by tracking stressors (monitoring your heart-rate variability). When stress levels are high, a relaxation timer walks you through steps to reduce them. Monitoring your activity and heart rate 24/7, Garmin’s tech learns your activity level and guides you towards a healthier lifestyle.
- Built-in activity modes for biking, running, walking, swimming (indoor only), strength training (with rep counter), and more.
- Pre-loaded and customizable workouts help you hone your training.
- Move IQ intelligently detects your activity and tracks the activity; these activities appear in your Connect timeline and ensure you get credit for all of your daily exercise.
- Download playlists via iHeartRadio or Deezer (coming soon) streaming services, or drag and drop MP3s from your computer through Garmin Express. File types supported: MP3, M4A, AAC, ADTS, WAV, M3U, M3U8, WLP, ZPL, PLS.
- Playlists synced from streaming services are automatically updated when in range of configured Wi-Fi networks.
- Holds up to 500 songs (depending on music quality).
- Garmin Pay™ contact-less payment system lets you pay for purchases through NFC. By linking credit cards to your Garmin account though Garmin Connect, you can make payments with your watch (if supported by your bank).
- Internet Live Tracking during activities (through a connected smartphone) allows you to share your location and heartrate with friends, family or coaches.
- Equipped with Garmin’s new lower-profile Elevate™ optical heart-rate monitor, which provides more reliable constant heart-rate data and allows you to train without a chest strap.
- Optical heart-rate sensors measure changes in blood volume under the skin and work best when worn snugly, 1 to 3 finger-widths above your wrist bone.
- Broadcast of your HR over ANT+ (so other devices can pick it up).
- Stress level score monitors heart-rate variability while inactive to produce a stress score from 0-100, the lower the score, the lower your stress. When stress levels are high, the vívoactive’s relaxation timer will take you through steps to lower your stress levels.
- 24/7 activity tracking: vívoactive learns your activity level and helps guide you towards a more active lifestyle.
- Onboard sleep tracking mode monitors your rest, letting you see your total sleep hours as well as periods of movement and restful sleep in your Connect profile.
- Counts flights of stairs with internal barometric altimeter data that’s combined with your step data.
- Weekly intensity minutes are displayed against the ideal of 150 needed to maintain a healthy life.
- Counts reps during your workout. Download or create custom workouts through Connect.
- Automatically sync your data to a paired smartphone running the free Connect app.
- Compatible with all smartphones featuring Bluetooth 4.0 (iPhone 4S or higher, and Android 4.3 or higher).
- Connects with ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart sensors, from foot pods, to speed and cadence pods (but not power meters).
- Connect IQ support allows you to download apps, templates, data fields, watch faces and other features.
- Basic waypoint navigation care of the internal GPS and compass.
- Back to start feature directs you (as the crow flies) to where you started your activity.
- Intuitive touchscreen interface make navigation easy.
- Always-on, colour display is bright and clear in any conditions.
- Internal memory stores up to 7 timed activities and 2 weeks worth of daily activity. Garmin Connect will store all of your activity data.
- User-friendly strap changes, thanks to quick-release pins.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts up to 13 hours in GPS mode or 7 days as an activity tracking smartwatch.
- In the box: vívoactive 3 Music, charging/data clip, documentation.
Polycarbonate is inexpensive and light, with good clarity and wear-resistance. Mineral crystal glass offers greater clarity and significantly greater wear-resistance. Sapphire crystal is better still for clarity and wear-resistance.
|Mineral crystal glass|
|Wrist strap material||Silicone|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|12/24 hour format||Yes|
|Metric/imperial units format||Yes|
|Interface||USB and Wireless|
|Low battery warning||Yes|
Calculated based on data from a heart rate monitor.
Attaches to your shoe, captures your running data (i.e., pace, distance), and transmits it to your heart rate monitor or GPS.
Want an easy jog? A fast-paced ride? A workout with lots of variety to keep you on your toes? With programmable workouts you can tailor your training to match whatever you are looking for on a particular day.
|Heart rate monitor||Yes|
Heart rate target zones
Displays heart rate zones during activity.
A coded instrument ensures no interference between your chest strap and your watch, necessary if you are training in busy gyms or trails where other signals may be encountered.
|Batteries||Rechargeable battery pack (non-removable)|
Allows user to monitor training goals with either a virtual partner or alarms.
Heart rate in real time
Displays beats per minute during activity.
|Replaceable wrist strap||Yes|
Calories in real time
Displays calorie expenditure during activity, based on heart rate monitor data.
Monitors pedalling cadence and measures pedalling strokes per minute.
Ensures seamless digital wireless communication between ANT+ devices. For example, data from an ultra-low power wireless sensor can be displayed on a bike computer or smartphone, then downloaded to a PC, etc.
|Battery life||5-168 h|
|Chest strap||Sold separately|