A premium parka for the coldest winters. Totally windproof and waterproof thanks to a GORE-TEX® laminate, the Defdown Parka is made to withstand anything Montreal or Winnipeg winters can throw at you. Seams are sealed against rain and snow, a magnetic storm flap over the zipper blocks out wind, and a mid-thigh length and drop-tail hem add coverage. Insulated with responsibly sourced 550-fill-power goose down for optimum warmth on the chilliest days.
- Made of durable nylon and polyester stretch twill with a waterproof-breathable GORE-TEX® laminate.
- Fully seam-sealed so rain can't sneak in.
- Lined with lightweight recycled polyester that slides over layers.
- Insulated with 550-fill-power goose down that meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare.
- Insulated, fully adjustable hood has removable faux fur trim to cut the wind.
- Magnetic storm flap covers the front zipper to seal out gusts.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets.
- Zippered internal chest pocket has a port for your headphone cord.
- Gusseted sleeve construction and zippered hem vents give you extra mobility.
- Rear drop-tail hem adds extra coverage.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Insulation||550 fill-power goose down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.