MEC Brume Reversible Jacket - Youths
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
For those days when a hoody isn’t warm enough, but a winter jacket is too warm. The Brume is in its element on cold fall days or warm winter days. PrimaLoft® Black Eco insulation gives this jacket an excellent warmth to weight ratio. Layered under a rain shell the Brume is ready for a chilly hike or a day on the slopes. Whether you’re into clashing or matching, full reversibility offers dual style options in a single jacket.
- Shell and lining are recycled polyester with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish that lets it shake off showers.
- Reversible design.
- Uses PrimaLoft Black Eco, a recycled and Bluesign approved lightweight insulation.
- 3-piece hood stays close to the head, keeping warmth in and staying in place when the wind picks up.
- Smooth elastic piping at the cuffs and hood edge help seal out chill winds.
- Dual pockets keep hands warm and ‘must haves’ close.
- Quilted construction keeps the insulation from shifting about.
- Name tag on the inside, great for making play date or daycare pick-ups a little easier
Measured in grams per square metre (gsm). The larger the number, the heavier and thicker the garment.
|Technology||PrimaLoft Black Eco|
|Face fabric||50-denier recycled polyester|
|Lining/backer||50-denier recycled polyester|
|Insulation||100g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.