Make sure your first-time backpacker has a great experience. The Icarus has easy to use pockets and a comfortable carrying system that will please any kid on their first backpacking trip. The adjustable back panel can be extended as they grow, which is great since next year they'll be begging to go backpacking again.
- Made of lightweight 210-denier nylon ripstop with heavy duty high density nylon reinforcements at the base and high wear areas.
- Foam padded shoulder straps and hipbelt for comfortably carrying.
- Adjustable sternum strap has an integrated whistle for safety.
- Large top-access main compartment swallows lots of gear.
- Zippered bottom compartment holds a sleeping bag.
- Front stretch mesh pocket lets you stash a rain jacket or layers on the go.
- Top lid has two zippered pockets for small items.
- Mesh side pockets house water bottles.
- Side compression straps cinch in the load.
- Shock-cord loops carry trekking poles.
- Reflective tabs let you clip on extra accessories and find your pack in the dark.
- Hydration compatible with an internatl sleeve and hose port. (Reservoir sold separately.)
- Gregory recommends this pack for loads up to 25lbs (11kg).
|Main fabric||210-denier ripstop nylon|
|Secondary fabric||420-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.