Scarpa Vapor V Rock Shoes - Men's
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only.
Small edges and nasty smears are nothing these shoes can't handle. The updated Vapor V has a slightly stiffer midsole than the previous, providing a supportive platform for hard face and crack climbs. Scarpa's Bi-Tension system pulls power back from your toes rather than cramming your foot painfully forward, so you get more power with less tension on your foot.
- Uppers are made of microsuede for comfort and long-lasting fit.
- Padded mesh tongue cushions feet on long multi-pitches and in cracks.
- Slightly asymmetric, curved shape for precise foot placement.
- 1.5mm Talyn midsole provides a supportive platform for edging and jamming.
- Sole is 3.5mm Vibram® XS Edge rubber grips small edges.
- Members typically downsize 1-1.5 sizes (performance fit) or 0.5-1 sizes (comfort fit) from their street shoe size.
A neutral shoe suits long routes and cracks. Moderate shoes allow precision and good edging. Aggressive shoes are downturned and tensioned, for power to the toe on steep or overhanging routes.
Highly asymmetric shoes allow more precision and focused power. Symmetrical shoes are more comfortable for all-around climbing.
Stiffness is provided by the type of sole and the tensioning system. Softer shoes allow more precision. Supportive shoes prevent fatigue.
|Outsoles||3.5mm Vibram XS Edge|
How to measure