This neoprene-free shorty is made from a Yulex® natural rubber blended with synthetic rubber. The material meets Patagonia's rigorous standards for performance, durability, warmth and sustainability – and it reduces CO2 emissions by up 80% of conventional neoprene. The R1 thickness is good for warm-weather surfing in waters 18-23°C and the suit is reinforced with blindstiching, triple glued and then spot-taped at its high-stress points.
- Body is made of 85% Yulex® natural rubber, derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance, with 15% synthetic rubber (by polymer content) is chlorine-free.
- Lining is 88% high-stretch recycled polyester jersey with 12% spandex that improves flexibility and dry time.
- Lining and face fabric are laminated with solvent-free AquaA™ glue.
- All seams are triple glued and blindstitched.
- Internally spot taped at high-stress areas.
- Fully-replaceable, corrosion-proof Salmi® asymmetric front zip provides a strong seal and extends the lifespan.
- Easy-access key loop.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Suggested water temperatures: 18°–23°C.