Keep moving through all kinds of weather. The Rab Kinetic Plus jacket is made with a stretch fabric and a waterproof-breathable membrane, so it flexes with you as it blocks wind and rain. The knit fabric is exceptionally breathable – you won't have to take it off every time you up the intensity level. If you do start to sweat, the inner lining wicks it away.
- Made with Rab Proflex™ knit polyester fabric that's soft, flexible and breathable; lining wicks moisture.
- Inner waterproof-breathable membrane, taped seams and a durable water repellency (DWR) finish ensure wetness stays out.
- Close-fitting hood has a stretchy inner gusset and laminated brim.
- Front zipper and pockets use YKK® Aquaguard® zips for superior water resistance.
- Cuffs and hem are stitch-free to save weight and feel comfortable on your skin.
- Slim fit.
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.