An ultralight rain jacket for those trips where you didn't think you'd need one. The Rab Flashpoint Jacket is made of exceptionally lightweight fabric, so it packs down small in its own stuff sack to disappear inside your pack. When the clouds open up, the 3-layer Pertex Shield waterproof technology keeps you dry so you can keep on pushing.
- Made of featherlight 3-layer waterproof breathable Pertex Shield that shuts out wind and rain.
- Adjustable hood fits over your climbing helmet and has a stiffened brim that won't flop into your eyes.
- YKK Aquaguard zippers on the front and pockets keep water from sneaking in.
- Adjustable Velcro cuffs and a hem drawcord let you seal out the elements.
- Reflective hits add after-dark visibility.
- Includes a lightweight stuff sack that clips to your pack or harness.
- Slim fit.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.