This incredibly skinny rope meets the testing standard for use as a single, half or twin. The Canary is one of the lightest and thinnest single ropes out there, making it a good choice for anyone looking to go fast and light or for hard redpoints. It's not a suitable choice for working routes or top roping, but the thicker sheath proportion does add durability for such a slim rope.
- Thermo Shield treatment gives it excellent handling properties, a supple feel and an impressive strength rating.
- Pro Dry finish makes this rope durably water repellent and dirt resistant.
- 3D lap coiled so you can use the rope right out of the package.
- Rope is 47% sheath for durability.
- Meets UIAA standard water-repellent test, meaning this rope is fast-drying, absorbs virtually no water and resists freezing.
- Meets testing standards to certify it as a single, half or twin, specs shown are for single rope tests.
Dry ropes have a water-resistant treatment on both core and sheath. Dry (UIAA certified) ropes have both core and sheath treated, plus meet the UIAA Water Repellent standard by passing a stringent test where a soaked rope cannot absorb more than 5% of the rope's weight.
|Dry (UIAA certified)|
Maximum elongation in the first UIAA test fall, where a weight is attached to the rope and then dropped. Higher numbers indicate stretchier ropes.
In controlled tests, a weight is suspended from the rope (not dropped). Higher numbers indicate stretchier ropes.
The amount of force, in kN, that the first UIAA fall puts on the falling object. Less impact force puts less force on the climber, belayer, and protection during a fall.
|Halfway pattern change||No|
UIAA fall rating
Indicates the number of consecutive falls a rope withstood during testing in a controlled environment. The number is for reference only, and does not indicate the number of falls a rope will withstand during actual use or over its lifespan.