Weather protection for all four seasons. The shell fabric is incredibly durable and has mechanical 2-way stretch, so you are free to carve turns, swing an ice tool or set up your tent. The Atmos™ membrane is hydrophilic, not micro-porous, meaning breathability won't be compromised when the jacket gets dirty. The high pockets allow use even when wearing a harness or hipbelt. Should the jacket wear out after years of use, it can be returned to Houdini for recycling.
- Durable Loop Hardshell™ ripstop polyester has 70% recycled content.
- Atmos™ waterproof-breathable membrane repels moisture.
- Fully taped seams and fluorocarbon-free DWR finish keep wetness from seeping in.
- Helmet-compatible, adjustable hood provides optimal visibility in bad conditions.
- Underarm zips let you vent heat when you're working hard.
- Front pockets sit high for access while carrying a pack.
- Cinchable bottom hem and Velcro cuff closures seal out the elements.
- Water-resistant zippers throughout keep precipitation from sneaking in.
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|