If you count every last gram that goes into your kit, the Osprey Lumina is built for you. Designed to carry ultralight gear, it weighs less than 1L of water but still makes space for a super-breathable tensioned back system that adds cooling and prevents sweat build up. You won't find any frills on this one, just the essentials you need for a fast and light overnighter or high-mileage days of a months-long thru-hike.
- Main body is ultralight 30-denier silnylon ripstop with Cordura fibres for extra durability.
- Reinforcements in the base and high wear areas are lightweight Osprey NanoFly® 210-denier nylon that integrates ultra-high molecular-weight polyethylene for remarkable abrasion resistance.
- Airspeed backpanel uses an aluminum frame with tensioned mesh back panel to save tons of weight while remaining exceptionally breathable.
- Layered mesh cushioning in the shoulder straps and hip belt provides comfort and cushioning without adding grams.
- Sternum strap has an integrated safety whistle.
- Women's specific design has shoulder straps and a hip belt that accommodate curves and a shorter torso length.
- Fixed top lid has a zippered pocket for small items.
- Bellowed front fabric pocket is perfect for storing rain gear or a wet tent fly.
- 2 side pockets carry water bottles.
- Side compression cords are removable to save weight.
- Internal sleeve with hanger loop and port carry a hydration reservoir (sold separately).
- Cord loops on the lid let you attach extra gear.
- Osprey recommends this pack for loads 2-9kg/5-20lbs.
|Main fabric||30-denier nylon|
|Secondary fabric||210-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Ventilated back panel||Yes|
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.