The Viva 65 is a pared-back, simple design that retains all the plushy comfort Osprey hiking packs are renowned for. The highlights are its durable fabrics and easily adjustable hipbelt and harness that adapt to many torso and waist sizes ̶ a great feature for growing teens, large families and scout groups who might end up sharing a pack. You can quickly adjust the hipbelt as you add or remove layers, and the stretch pockets on either side let you stash a jacket or gloves on the fly. Hip pockets store your snacks or camera, and the back panel allows air to circulate when you're adding big elevation gains to your miles. A versatile option for extended hiking trips or high-mountain missions that require substantial amounts of gear.
- Made of lightweight yet durable 210-denier nylon ripstop with robust 600-denier nylon packcloth in the base and other high-wear areas.
- Peripheral frame and HDPE framesheet effectively transfer the load to the hipbelt and spread the load across the entire back panel.
- Mesh-covered ridged foam back panel provides ventilation and keeps the load close to the body.
- Height-adjustable harness and hipbelt allow this pack to fit a wide variety of torso and waist sizes.
- Access the pack interior via the top drawstring or bottom zipper.
- Bottom sleeping bag compartment has a stowable divider if you want your sleeping bag to mingle with the rest of your gear.
- Stretch-mesh front and side pockets let you stash gear on the fly.
- Zippered side, hipbelt and lid pockets provide secure storage.
- Dual tool loops with bungee tie-offs carry ice axes.
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachments let you stash your poles without removing the pack.
- Side compression straps and bottom sleeping pad straps cinch in the load and allow you to attach extra gear.
- Hydration sleeve holds a 3L reservoir (sold separately).
- Includes a rain cover that stows in its own pocket when the clouds part.
|Main fabric||210-denier ripstop nylon|
|Secondary fabric||600-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.