Carry everything you need to leave civilization behind for a week, a month or even longer. With suspension designed to handle large loads, the Xena 85 is ready to tackle gear-intensive backpacking trips and alpine expeditions. The women's-specific hipbelt can be heat-moulded for a custom fit, so it stays comfortable on high-mileage days and efficiently transfers the weight to your legs. Zippered hipbelt pockets keep your phone and a few snacks within reach. External access to the hydration sleeve makes midday refills a cinch, and Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachments let you go hands-free on scrambly sections. Once you reach base camp, the top lid detaches to become a lumbar daypack for summit missions or day trips to hidden lakes.
- Made of durable 420-denier high-tenacity nylon with a robust 500-denier nylon packcloth base.
- Women’s-specific design features a shorter torso length, shoulder straps that are set closer together and a hipbelt shaped to fit curvier hips.
- Peripheral frame and aluminum center stay effectively transfer the load to the hipbelt and ensure the pack maintains its shape.
- Mesh-covered ridged foam back panel provides ventilation and keeps the load close to the body.
- Custom heat-moulded hipbelt provides a personalized fit.
- Access the pack interior via the top drawstring or bottom and side zippers.
- Bottom sleeping bag compartment has a stowable divider if you want your sleeping bag to mingle with the rest of your gear.
- Stretch-mesh front and side pockets let you stash gear on the fly.
- Zippered side, hipbelt and lid pockets provide secure storage.
- Dual tool loops with bungee tie-offs carry ice axes.
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachments let you stash your poles without removing the pack.
- Side compression straps and bottom sleeping pad straps cinch in the load and allow you to attach extra gear.
- External access hydration sleeve holds a 3L reservoir (sold separately).
- Top lid is removable and converts into the 16L DayLid pack for trips away from your base camp.
|Main fabric||420-denier Velocity nylon|
|Secondary fabric||500-denier ripstop nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Ventilated back panel||Yes|
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.