An ultralight tent with a weight comparable to a bivy or tarp shelter. The extended arch shape is easy to set up and creates interior space with steep sidewalls and plenty of usable space. The length of the floor lets tall people sleep comfortably and there's room to hang out in bad weather and even bring gear inside. Carbon fibre poles and an ultralight zipperless vestibule make the Carbon Reflex 1 a great option for solo hikers or bike tourers.
- Fly, floor and mesh are made from light-as-a-feather low-denier fabrics.
- Xtreme Shield waterproof coating on the fly and floor that does away with conventional seam taping and won't degrade like traditional PU coatings.
- Easton Carbon ION poles are lighter and stronger than aluminum.
- Zipperless vestibule uses Velcro strips and lightweight metal fasteners instead of a zipper to shave grams
- Interior mesh storage pocket and loops for an optional gear loft keep your small items organized.
- Note that this is not a freestanding tent. It requires pegging.
- For ultralight missions, pitch with just the rain fly and the Fast & Light Body or MSR Universal 2 Regular footprint (both sold separately) to save weight.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||10-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||15-denier nylon|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||7-denier nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||Easton Carbon ION|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||0.86m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
|Packed size||43 x 13cm|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.65sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.