A great option for solo hikers or bike tourers – the weight is comparable to a bivy or tarp shelter. The extended arch shape and steep sidewalls create plenty of usable interior space with room to hang out in bad weather or bring your gear inside.
- For 2020, MSR updated the fly with a waterproof sealant along the seams, adding a layer of protection between you and the elements.
- Xtreme Shield waterproof coating on fly and floor, won't degrade like PU coatings.
- Carbon poles.
- Zipperless vestibule uses Velcro strips and metal fasteners to shave grams
- Interior mesh pocket and loops for an optional gear loft.
- Not a freestanding tent, as it requires pegging.
- For ultralight missions, pitch with just the rain fly and the Fast & Light Body or MSR Universal 2 Regular footprint (both sold separately) to save weight.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||10-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||15-denier nylon|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||7-denier nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||Easton Carbon ION|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||0.86m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
|Packed size||43 x 13cm|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.65sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.