Tough, old-school and cavernous. The Algonquin Canoe Pack is made of bomber 840-denier nylon with a comfortable, but simple padded harness and a removable, adjustable tumpline (like we mentioned, it's old-school). Lots of external lash points for attaching even more stuff.
- Made of burly 840-denier nylon.
- Ballistic nylon webbing is double bar-tacked for burliness.
- Curved shoulder and waist harness are padded and mesh covered.
- Mesh and foam padded backpanel for comfort with heavy loads.
- Removable and adjustable tumpline.
- Top opening with a spindrift collar and a flap that closes with 3 buckles.
- Webbing grab handles to haul it out of the canoe.
- Side compression straps compress the load or act as lash points for extra gear.
- Daisy chains on front for lashing gear.
|Ideal for||Canoe tripping|
|Closure||Drawcord and lid|
Fair: made of lightweight materials and designed to be carried inside another bag. Good: strikes a balance between light weight and durability. Excellent: made of heavy duty materials and designed to be carried alone. Exceptional: made of ultra-tough materials and designed to withstand abuse.
Waterproof bags and cases are made with waterproof materials and have waterproof closures. Some are designed to be submersible. Water-resistant bags and cases are made with waterproof materials, but water could sneak in through the seams or closure.
|Additional feature(s)||Compression straps|