Ample shelter for 3 people or extra-spacious accommodation for 2. Either way, the weight in your pack will be about the same as a litre of water. The extended arch shape creates steep sidewalls to offer more usable interior space than a dome design. On longer trips, you’ll really appreciate this uncrowded feel. Weight savings come from carbon fibre poles, an efficient peg-out design and some of the lightest fabrics available anywhere.
- Fly, floor and mesh are made from light-as-a-feather low-denier fabrics.
- Xtreme Shield waterproof coating on the fly and floor that does away with conventional seam taping and won't degrade like traditional PU coatings.
- Easton Carbon ION poles are lighter and stronger than aluminum.
- Zipperless vestibules use Velcro® strips and lightweight metal fasteners instead of a zipper to shave grams.
- Interior mesh storage pockets and loops for an optional gear loft keep your small items organized.
- Note that this is not a freestanding tent. It requires pegging.
- For ultralight missions, pitch with just the rain fly and the Fast & Light Body or MSR Universal 3 Regular footprint (both sold separately) to save weight.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||10-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||15-denier nylon|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||7-denier nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||Easton Carbon ION|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.01m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
|Packed size||46 x 15cm|
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.65sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.65sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.