Ample shelter for 3 or extra-spacious accommodation for 2. The extended arch shape creates steep sidewalls and plenty of usable interior space. On long trips, you’ll appreciate its uncrowded feel. Weight savings come from carbon fibre poles, an efficient design and some of the lightest fabrics available anywhere.
- For 2020, MSR updated the fly with a waterproof sealant along the seams, adding a layer of protection between you and the elements.
- Xtreme Shield waterproof coating on fly and floor, won't degrade like PU coatings.
- Carbon poles.
- Zipperless vestibule uses Velcro strips and metal fasteners to shave grams
- Interior mesh pocket and loops for an optional gear loft.
- Not a freestanding tent, as it requires pegging.
- For ultralight missions, pitch with just the rain fly and the Fast & Light Body or MSR Universal 2 Regular footprint (both sold separately) to save weight.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||10-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||15-denier nylon|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||7-denier nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||Easton Carbon ION|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.01m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
|Packed size||46 x 15cm|
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.65sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.65sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.