This simple shelter has liveable room inside to make it nicer than a sleep pod. The big door and mesh canopy add a spacious feel, but it's compact and light enough to suit those who like to move fast with a just-right-sized pack.
- For 2020, MSR updated the fly with a waterproof sealant along the seams, adding a layer of protection between you and the elements.
- Xtreme Shield waterproof coating on fly and floor, won't degrade like PU coatings.
- Full mesh canopy for ventilation.
- Composite poles flex under heavy winds, then bounce back to their original shape.
- Super-lightweight fly and floor are moderately durable, but a footprint is recommended for rough ground or long trips.
- Interior mesh pocket and loops for an optional gear loft.
- For ultralight missions, pitch with just the rain fly and the Fast & Light Body or MSR Universal 3 Regular footprint (both sold separately) to save weight.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||10-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||15-denier nylon ripstop|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||15-denier nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.815sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.815sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.