The largest member of the Hubba NX family uses the same exceptionally light and compact materials as other much-loved models. The Papa fits 4 adults (or a family), yet weighs only 3kg. Composite poles flex under heavy winds, then bounce back to their regular shape. Xtreme Shield waterproof coating on the fly and floor is lighter than conventional seam tape and won't degrade like traditional PU coatings.
- For 2020, MSR updated the fly with a waterproof sealant along the seams, adding a layer of protection between you and the elements.
- Symmetrical frame maximizes headroom and remains stable in windy conditions.
- StayDry side-entry vestibules have rain gutters to channel water away.
- Fly colour offers neutral interior lighting. Red floor makes gear easy to spot.
- Colour-coded staking loops.
- Wide-mouth stuff sack compresses to fit in your backpack.
- Includes lightweight pegs and reflective guylines.
- For a lighter shelter, you can setup the fly with a footprint (sold separately).
- Compatible with the MSR Universal 4 Regular footprint (sold separately).
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||20-denier nylon ripstop|
|Canopy mesh||Nylon no-see-um mesh|
|Floor fabric||30-denier nylon ripstop|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||20-denier nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.12m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Vestibule area (secondary)||1.02sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||1.02sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.