An ultralight solution for thru-hikers and long distance backpackers, the MSR Thru-Hiker Wing offers protection from rain and wind and takes up just a small corner of your pack. The design has loops that connect it with an MSR Thru-Hiker Mesh House 1, 2 or 3 to create a bugproof shelter on nights when that's crucial for uninterrupted sleep.
- Made of nylon ripstop with an Xtreme Shield polyurethane and silicone coating that's more durable than standard coatings.
- Pitch it with your trekking poles or save even more weight by using trees.
- Slightly tapered shape performs well in windy weather.
- Fits 1 to 3 people.
- Compatible with Thru-Hiker Mesh House, with loops underneath to connect the Wing with the Mesh House.
- Includes 6 MSR 6in. Needle stakes and 6 lengths of 1.8mm red reflective guyline.
|Fly fabric||20-denier nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.