Head into the backcountry for the weekend. The Zoic Tent has room for 3 sleepers or 2 people and a bunch of gear. The mesh canopy keeps things cool on warm nights, and you can leave the fly off for star-gazing. The wide floor and steep walls create a spacious interior. Built-in gear lofts keep everyone's stuff organized.
- For 2020, MSR updated the fly with a waterproof sealant along the seams, adding a layer of protection between you and the elements.
- Fabrics and mesh strike a great balance between lightweight, durability and affordability.
- Xtreme Shield waterproof coating is lighter than seam tape and won't degrade like traditional PU coatings.
- Hubbed poles are easy and quick to set up.
- Freestanding design doesn't need to be staked out.
- Pitch with just the fly and the Fast & Light Body or MSR Universal 3 Large footprint (both sold separately) to save weight."
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||15-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||70-denier nylon|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||40-denier nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.09m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.835sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.835sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.