Lightweight and comfortable protection for all types of climbing. The Storm gives you plenty of ventilation, so you'll hardly even notice it's on. The dial system cradles your head to keep the helmet firmly in position, even during dynamic moves.
- Made of polystyrene foam with a polycarbonate shell for lightweight protection.
- 22 vents keep your head cool in warm-weather climbing conditions.
- Easy-to-use rotating dial provides precise adjustment for quick, fine-tuned fit.
- Large headlamp clips let you securely attach a light.
- 2 sizes with adjustment systems to fit heads of all shapes.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial + interchangeable foam pads|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).