A lightweight brain bucket for multi-day adventures up El Cap or days at your local crag. The sturdy outer shell handles abrasion and the dual-thickness foam inner absorbs impacts. Outer shell has a visor and plenty of vents for sessions when the sun is beaming.
- Made of expanded polystyrene for lightweight energy absorption with an exterior hardshell for impact protection and durability.
- 12 ventilation openings help you keep a cool head.
- Padded interior for comfort.
- Height and size adjustment system provides a secure fit.
- 4 clips for attaching a headlamp.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Adjustable suspension system|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).