Pearl Izumi Elite Escape Convertible Jacket - Women's
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
This feature-packed cycling jacket provides protection from the elements and converts to a vest when the weather improves. The Elite Escape Convertible Jacket stuffs into its own pocket for storage in your jersey, and comes with an integrated strap that lets you secure it to your frame if you prefer. A mesh panel provides some venting on those high-output rides, and a grippy silicone band at the waist keeps the jacket in place when you jump out of the saddle. Zippered front pockets give you a place to put your hands when you're off the bike, and a large zippered back pocket carries your essentials.
- Barrier fabric is windproof and water-resistant.
- Mesh panel on back provides ventilation.
- 2-way zipper is backed with a storm flap.
- Sleeves zip off to convert the jacket to a vest.
- Large zippered back pocket and 2 zippered front pockets offer secure storage.
- Elastic hem and cuffs seal out drafts.
- Silicone gripper at waist keeps jacket from riding up.
- Cut close to the body to minimize flapping, with enough room for a jersey underneath.
- Reflective details.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.