Pared back to the essentials, this minimalist vest saves space in your pack, and provides lots of warmth when deployed. The Microlight Vest is a great layer to warm your core under your shell, or on its own for day-to-day use. A DWR finish on the outside and Nikwax Hydrophobic down on the inside sheds snow squalls when the weather moves in.
- Exterior is Pertex Quantum with a DWR finish for excellent water resistance. This fabric is lightweight, windproof and downproof.
- Lined with lightweight Pertex Quantum with a DWR finish.
- Premium 750-fill-power Nikwax Hydrophobic goose down insulation dries faster, maintains loft better and retains less moisture than traditional down.
- Insulation meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare.
- Front YKK zip has an internal storm flap and soft chin guard.
- 2 zippered harness-compatible hand pockets hold small essentials.
- Low-profile elastic armholes and drawcord hem seal in heat.
- Includes stuff sack for easy storage in your pack.
|Face fabric||30-denier nylon|
|Insulation||750 fill power water-repellent (DWR) goose down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|