Let Garmin watch your 6. The RTL510 tail light gives your bike radar for what's coming up behind you. Using ANT+ to talk to your Edge unit, the RTL510 displays approaching cars on the screen. The powerful LED makes sure that drivers are aware of you. Great for long rides on quiet roads where you might need the RTL510 to snap you back to the reality of an approaching vehicle. When riding busy streets, the radar will tell you what you already know – you’re surrounded by cars, but you can still use it as a standalone bike light. In light only mode, you can control the unit from the ANT+ lighting centre on your Edge unit, or with the 1-button control on the light itself.
- Colour coded approaching vehicle display, green shows you're in the clear, yellow indicates a car at a normal speed, red when a car is approaching quickly.
- Display minimizes when no cars are around, for a full screen view of your Edge unit. Display pops out to show approaching vehicle until it passes.
- Audible alerts are also an option, where the beeps increase in frequency as the car approaches.
- 140m range lets you see cars long before you can hear them.
- Tracks multiple vehicles at a time, up to 6 – each represented by a white dot on the display.
- 3 modes: steady – 20 lumens for up to 6 hours, night flash – 29 lumens at up to 6 hours and day flash – 65 lumens at up to 15 hours.
- Up to 65 lumens and a 220° viewing angle, the RTL510 makes you hard to miss.
- ANT+ communication makes pairing with a variety of devices fast and easy.
- Micro-USB charging lets you top-up your taillight nearly anywhere.
- LED charging indicator lets you know how your light’s battery is doing, both charging and discharging.
- IPX7 waterproofing protects your RTL510 from even the heaviest downpours.
- Tool-free mount is easy to swap between bikes.
- Uses Garmin’s quarter-turn mounting brackets.
- In the box: Varia RTL510, mounting kit (fits both round and aero seat posts), cables and documentation.
|Included mounts||Seat post mount|
Most Canadian municipalities require a white front light and a red rear light.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Burn time - flash||6-15 h|
|Burn Time - steady||6-10 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
The amount of time it takes to fully charge the battery. Applies to lithium and NiMH type batteries. Does not apply to rechargeable or non-rechargeable AA or AAA batteries.
|Power supply||USB charger|
Includes a bracket or mounting system that attaches to most bike helmets.
|Emits red light||Yes|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||Rechargeable battery pack (non-removable)|