MEC Hydrofoil Stretch Pants - Women's
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Lightweight and packable, these fully seam-taped pants are perfect for activity in wet climates or where you expect foul weather. The Hydrofoil Stretch Pant's waterproof Pertex Shield construction is ridiculously breathable. 40-denier nylon promises durability and 4-way stretch that’s soft and supple, never crunchy. Best of all, we’ve kept these pants amazingly affordable so you can budget for longer climbing trips and extra days on the hill.
- Made of 40-denier nylon with a 2.5-layer Pertex Shield waterproof-breathable laminate.
- Fabric has built in 4-way mechanical stretch to move with you.
- Exterior is treated with a DWR (durable water repellency) finish to shed precipitation.
- Fully taped seams for maximum wet-weather protection.
- 3/4 length side zips make them easy to pull on.
- Zipper flaps add wet-weather protection.
- Elastic waistband fits over layers.
- Articulated knees for good mobility.
- Shockcords at hem can be cinched tight.
- Ankle grommets allow you to add your own stirrup cords.
|Ideal for||Camping and hiking|
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Venting||¾-length leg zips with storm flap|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
How to measure
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Low waist
- Measure approximately 5cm (2in.) below natural waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.