Wear what the pros wear. Designed in collaboration with Salomon's pro skiers, the QST Guard Jacket uses Motion Fit tailoring for unrestricted neck and shoulder movement while skiing, even when wearing the hood. The lightweight AdvancedSkin Dry fabric keeps you totally dry without weighing you down. Primaloft Black Eco synthetic insulation adds a bit of warmth for bone-chilling lift rides, and the pit zips let you dump heat when you're working hard or the weather warms up.
- AdvancedSkin Dry fabric has waterproof-breathable laminate and fully sealed seams to keep you totally dry.
- Recycled polyester Primaloft Black Eco insulation is warm, breathable and fast-drying.
- Adjustable hood is helmet compatible.
- Powderskirt keeps snow from creeping in.
- Interior cuffs with thumb loops seal out the elements and are moisture-wicking.
- All zippers are water-resistant.
- Interior mesh goggle pocket features a lens-friendly goggle wipe.
- Zippered pocket on left arm houses a lift pass.
|Ideal for||Downhill skiing|
|Insulation||40g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Recycled content|