MEC Explorer Summertime Shorts - Boys' - Youths
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Shorts for trails, playgrounds or exploring a lakeshores on a paddleboard. Made from a quick-drying nylon blend that has easy stretch, the Explorer Summertime shorts are ready for long days under wide-open skies.
- Lightweight nylon feels cool against the skin and dries quickly.
- DWR finish helps these shorts brush off dust from the trail and shed light rain.
- UPF 50+ blocks UV during long days under the sun.
- Dual hand pockets keep small must-haves close.
- Pockets have mesh lining that dries quickly.
- Elasticised waistband with an internal drawcord adjusts the fit to keep up with growth spurts.
- Name label inside.
Measured in grams per square metre (gsm). The larger the number, the heavier and thicker the garment.
|Pockets||2 front slash|
The Ultraviolet Protection Factor rating indicates how effective a fabric is at blocking out solar ultraviolet radiation.
|40-50+ (Blocks ~97.5% of UVA/UVB)|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.