MEC Toaster Bib Pants - Children
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Warmth for small skiers and riders who want to stay out through cold wind and wet snow. These waterproof insulated pants offer weather protection when there's fun to be had in foul conditions. Redesigned for 2018 based on member feedback, the Toaster Bib Pants are tougher than ever. New durable waterproof fabric helps them stay warm and dry through hours in the snow, and it's abrasion-resistant to stand up to the demands of serious snowsports. Room for layers lets you dress for the weather, and an adjustable hem accommodates growth, then (if you need it) readies them for the next kid. Variable-thickness insulation allows ease of movement while retaining warmth. And a center zip makes them easy to get on and off.
- Shell is abrasion-resistant 150-denier 2-layer polyester with a polyurethane waterproof-breathable laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Seams are not taped, so this garment will not be fully waterproof in heavy rain.
- Reinforced knee, rear and scuff guard is 400-denier nylon with a polyurethane waterproof-breathable laminate and DWR. Updated based on member feedback, this fabric has higher tear and abrasion resistance.
- Lining is recycled polyester.
- Insulated with 240g MEC Hyperloft, with 160g in the bib for freedom of movement.
- Center front zipper allows easy on/off.
- Adjustable shoulder straps allow for growth spurts and thicker or thinner layers underneath.
- Elastic waist detail for a trim fit.
- Reinforced knees and ankle cuffs provide added durability.
- Articulated knees for ease of movement.
- Internal gaiters have grip elastic to cinch around boots and keep out snow.
- Grow hem system lets you undo a line of stitching at the ankle to add extra length to accommodate growth spurts.
- Internal hand-me-down ID label.
|Face fabric||150-denier polyester|
|Insulation||240g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof without taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.