Designed for light forestry work and small-scale felling, the Ekelund axe is a solid backwoods companion. This compact axe is handy to have at the cabin, strapped to the side of your pack or in your truck. The smooth hickory heartwood haft (axe-talk for handle) is comfortable in a variety of grips, from choked-up for fine work to dropped-back for chopping. Known for premium materials and classic technique, a Hultafors axe will serve your family for generations.
- Swedish tool steel head holds its edge and is incredibly tough.
- Head hung using a standard eye-to-haft so it’s easy to replace the haft (this head will outlast the handle).
- Heat-treated axe head is softer towards the handle and harder (58-9HRC) along the edge.
- American hickory haft provides excellent mechanical advantage.
- Linseed oil finish on the hickory haft.
- Leather sheath protects your hatchet’s edge.
- Hultafors axe heads feature a lifetime warranty.
- Hand finishing means no 2 are exactly alike.
- Hand-forged in Hults Bruk, Sweden.
- Named after Gunnar Ekelund, a Swedish squire who initiated large-scale axe production in Hults Bruk in the late 1800s.
|Blade material||High carbon steel|