With a solid resume of adventures behind it, the Tilley Hat is a Canadian icon. Shield your head when there's no shade in sight, and stay dry when storm clouds gather. A stealthy pocket in the crown holds extra cash for the times you don't want to wear a money belt. A well-designed dual cord system keeps it on your head, even in the face of gale-force winds, but if you happen to drop it overboard, the wide foam brim keeps it afloat. If it gets a little squished in your suitcase or backpack, just pour a little water into the crown, swish it around, dampen the outside and reform with your hands to bring it back to its former shape.
- Durable nylon fabric has UPF 50+ sun protection and a DWR finish to shed light rain.
- Polyester mesh encircles the crown to vent hot air and keep your head cool and comfortable.
- Hydrofil® sweatband wicks moisture from your brow.
- Medium-width foam brim keeps hat afloat should it fall in the water.
- Hidden crown pocket keeps small essentials safe while travelling.
- Dual wind cord system keeps hat secure in gusty conditions.
- Lifetime Guarantee against normal wear and tear.
|Fabric content||100% nylon|
|Secondary fabric||100% polyester|
The Ultraviolet Protection Factor rating indicates how effective a fabric is at blocking out solar ultraviolet radiation.
|40-50+ (Blocks ~97.5% of UVA/UVB)|