Designed with a historic pattern, the Hudson’s Bay Axe is ready for any camp chore you can throw at it, from prepping firewood to pounding in tent pegs. The durable hickory haft (handle, in axe talk) feels comfortable in your hand and provides impressive mechanical advantage. Small enough to be used 1-handed, yet big enough for 2-handed chopping.
- Forged tool steel head is incredibly tough.
- Heat-treated for the first 3cm of the blade for maximum edge-retention
- Tempered head absorbs and dissipates impacts.
- Every axe is hand-sharpened for a lasting edge.
- Head hung using a standard eye-to-haft mount, so it's easy to replace the haft (this head will outlast the handle).
- Slightly flared cheeks work well for light splitting.
- Tough hickory haft provides maximum mechanical advantage for its length.
- Linseed oil finish on the hickory haft.
- Heat coated with boiled linseed oil over the forged finish.
|Blade material||High carbon steel|