Just the right size for strapping to the side of your pack, tossing in the canoe or leaving at the cabin. This mid-size Dayton Boys Axe is handy for anyone who needs to take care of some clearing and light chopping.
- Forged tool steel head is incredibly tough.
- Heat-treated for the first 3cm of the blade, which provides maximum edge-retention. Tempered head absorbs and dissipates impacts.
- Every axe is hand-sharpened, for a lasting edge that's easy to touch-up.
- Head hung using a standard eye-to-haft mount, so it's easy to replace the haft (as this head will outlast the handle).
- Tough hickory haft provides maximum mechanical advantage for its length.
- Linseed oil finish on the hickory.
- Heat coated with boiled linseed oil over the forged finish.
|Blade material||High carbon steel|