MEC Annex Rain Jacket - Women's
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
The waterproof-breathability of a backcountry jacket, but with enough style for the city. The flattering fit features articulation in the sleeves and a box pleat at the back for extra mobility. This sleek rain jacket is seam-taped with an asymmetric collar and adjustable hood, so you can confidently head out in windy downpours instead of battling with an inside-out umbrella.
- Polyester face fabric has an internal waterproof-breathable laminate and a DWR (durable water repellency) finish to shed precipitation.
- Recycled polyester drop liner inside for smooth layering.
- Fully seam-taped for when the rain really picks up.
- 3-piece, adjustable hood has a short brim helps keep the rain off your face.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets in case you forget your gloves.
- Internal pocket to securely tuck away small items.
- Shaped cuffs provide extra coverage for the backs of your hands.
- Subtle reflective accents on the back make your nighttime commute a little safer.
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
|Face fabric||75-denier polyester|
|Lining/backer||50-denier recycled polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.