Designed for protection and performance in the harshest mountain environments, the versatile Beta SV shell handles whatever the alpine throws at you. Cut to fit over thermal layers and allow dynamic movement when climbing, skiing and hiking. A stiff-brimmed adjustable storm hood, urethane-coated external zippers and burly die-cut cuff adjusters make it a force to be reckoned with when conditions deteriorate. Tight seam tolerances, weight-saving narrow seam tape and articulated construction accommodates any move you need to make, and an embedded Recco® reflector improves searchability should plans go awry.
- Completely waterproof, breathable and durable GORE-TEX Pro construction.
- Face fabric is hard-wearing for maximum abrasion resistance.
- Micro seam allowance of 1.6mm reduces bulk and weight, as does extra narrow 8mm seam tape.
- Articulated construction facilitates dynamic moves in mountain environments.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow.
- Underarm gussets keep jacket from lifting when you're swinging ice tools or reaching overhead.
- Adjustable storm hood is helmet-compatible, with a laminated brim to deflect rain and snow.
- Tall collar with brushed microsuede chin guard.
- Highly water-resistant external zippers used throughout.
- Underarm zips for easy venting.
- Internal chest pocket with laminated zip and dump pocket, external chest pocket and two high-volume hand pockets.
- Laminated, die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off.
- Drop hem provides extensive coverage, with cordlock adjusters.
- Regular fit accommodates multiple thermal layers.
|Face fabric||80-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.