The Sentinel LT is designed for skiers and riders who split their time between the backcountry and the resort, offering protection in big mountain environments and incorporating snow-specific features and a modern, relaxed fit. Long underarm vents let you dump heat on skintracks and bootpacks, while the long hem extends coverage and has a contemporary look. A fully adjustable storm hood, drawcord hem and cuff adjusters offer complete protection from the elements, and the front zip, underarm vents and pockets all feature water-resistant zippers. The overall build quality is outstanding, with tight seam tolerances and articulated construction that accommodates any move you need to make.
- Completely waterproof, breathable and durable GORE-TEX Pro construction.
- Hard-wearing 80-denier face fabric, with soft, comfortable backer.
- Micro seam allowance of 1.6mm and extra narrow 8mm seam tape reduce bulk and weight.
- Articulated construction for freedom of movement.
- Underarm gussets keep jacket from lifting when you're reaching overhead.
- Adjustable storm hood is helmet-compatible, with a laminated brim to deflect rain and snow.
- Tall collar with brushed microsuede chin guard.
- Highly water-resistant external zippers used throughout.
- Pit zips for easy venting.
- Zippered hand pockets.
- Zippered chest pockets.
- Internal chest pocket with laminated zip.
- Internal mesh dump pocket.
- Sleeve pocket carries your ski pass or ID.
- Laminated, die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off.
- Straight hem provides extensive coverage, with cordlock adjusters.
- Long cut for extended coverage and a modern look.
- Powder skirt with gripper elastic and snap closure.
- Can be fastened to Arc'teryx ski pants to prevent snow entry.
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.